Glacier House in Fairbanks, Alaska
The hostel will close for the winter season September 1, 2014.
Glacier House offers economical hostel style lodging in Fairbanks, Alaska. It’s a great choice if you’re traveling on a budget, looking for a staging ground for your Alaskan adventure, or maybe you prefer a home-style setting for a get-together.
Glacier House has clean, comfortable, dorm-style accommodations in a convenient, quiet residential location:
- Provisions, restaurants, banks, service stations – all within 1.5 miles (2.4 km)
- Historic downtown area within 1 mile (1.6 km)
- Brown Line city bus stop 3 ½ blocks
- Chena River boat/canoe access ½ mile
- City park ½ block
From here you can take off for wilderness trips in Denali National Park, the Brooks Range, floats along the Yukon, Tanana, Nenana, or Chena Rivers. Maybe you want to explore Fairbanks and its rich history and unique character(s).
Way Up North
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Cable TV
- Provided linens and towels
- Room for tents and gear
- Place to grill or just relax